About David Fonda
David Fonda is an award winning architectural and interiors photographer based in the Mid-Atlantic region of the U.S. With a background in fine art, and experience in the editorial, corporate, and industrial, as well as architectural spheres, he combines a refined eye, an eagerness to comprehend, and a desire to communicate, with a business mind-set, and ‘behind the scenes’ understanding.
His images revel in the inter-play of light and structure, line and shape, tint and texture, making evident both his love of photography and of architecture. His clients include architects, interior designers, real estate investment firms & developers, architectural product manufacturers, construction companies, advertising agencies & graphic designers, and editorial.
David earned his Bachelors of Fine Arts in Photography from Ohio University. He worked as a photo-journalist at two suburban Philadelphia daily newspapers, including the award winning Today’s Post. He went on to work as a corporate photographer for ARMCO, Inc., then a Fortune 50 industrial corporation, and CoreStates Financial, a regional bank. David has operated an independent photographic studio for more than 25 years.
David has offices in a renovated turn-of-the-century pencil factory in the Wayne Junction neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
To discuss your upcoming photographic needs, contact David today.
Awards & Exhibitions
• ReFocus Color Awards - One (1) Honorable Mention; Two (2) Nominations 2023
• One Eyeland Best of the Best Photographers - Three (3) Selections 2023
• Architecture MasterPrize - Winner, Commercial Exteriors; Honorable Mention, Residential Exteriors 2022
• One Eyeland World's 10 Best Black & White Photographers - One (1) Bronze; 3 Finalists - Architectural Exteriors 2022
• Neutral Density Awards - Two (2) Honorable Mentions 2022
• International Photography Awards - 3rd Place, Abstract; Two (2) Official Selections, Buildings 2022
• Black & White Spider Awards - One (1) Honorable Mention; One (1) Nomination 2022
• It's Liquid, Venice, Italy - Photographer of the Month, June 2022
• Monovisions Awards - Two (2) Honorable Mentions 2022
• Minimalist Photography Awards - Honorable Mention, Abstract 2022
• The Beauty of Madness, exhibition - Praxis Photo Arts Center, Minneapolis, MN 2022
• International Photography Awards - Honorable Mention, Abstract 2021
• One Eyeland World's 10 Best Black & White Photographers - Finalist 2021
• Monochrome Awards - Three (3) Honorable Mentions 2021
• Black & White Spider Awards - One (1) Honorable Mention; Three (3) Nominations 2021
• Architecture MasterPrize - Winner, Residential Exteriors; Honorable Mention, Educational Exteriors 2021
• Field Work: Landscape and Architecture - Black Box Gallery, Portland, OR 2021
• International Photography Awards - Honorable Mention, Interiors; Honorable Mention, Buildings 2014
• ASMP, Best of - Winner 2014
• Minolta Cars & Cameras Comp. - Honorable Mention 1972